The Wonder Of Apple's Tablet

In 2007, just prior to its launch, I was absolutely positive I wasn't going to buy an iPhone. My rationale was that I didn't even like using a cellphone, so why would I want a $600 one? What I wanted was a touch screen iPod ? basically, an iPhone without the phone. In other words, I wanted an iPod touch, but that didn't exist yet, so I would sit back and wait, I told myself. Then came iPhone launch day: June 29, 2007. Curiosity about the launch day hoopla drove me to an Apple store. There was a line around the block just to get in. So again, there was no way I was getting an iPhone. But then I started to wonder why so many people were lined up for this device ? what was I missing? A few hours later I returned to the Apple Store. I waited in a much shorter line to get in. I walked up to the iPhones out on display, picked one up, played with it for all of 10 seconds. I left the Apple store $600 poorer. [Read more...]