Firefly's Alan Tudyk teases the Serenity sequel

Firefly's Alan Tudyk teases the Serenity sequel

It's been nine years since Joss Whedon's Firefly first aired and six since the cinematic extension, Serenity, hit screens, and the fan hunger for more Tales from the Verse has never waned. Luckily, Serenity's laconic pilot knows where he'd want to see a sequel go, and who should be the focus.

In an interview to promote his upcoming horror comedy Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, Tudyk acknowledged that he and the rest of the Firefly/Serenity crew are getting a little long in the tooth to make a prequel and, given the fatal events that transpired in Serenity, a sequel wouldn't feature ... um, everyone. But he did have an idea or two:
"This is how I see it happening, and this is just all out of my head, please do not put this on anyone else 'cause I've gotten in trouble in the past but I see Nathan Fillion in another 10 years, teaming up with Joss Whedon and doing something where he brings back Mal. ..."Mal living on some planet alone, he's shunned everyone and everybody and something happens that draws him back in to do it. I absolutely know that Nathan would be up for it, I know Joss Whedon would be up for it."

And I'm pretty sure Whedon's powerful fanbase would be up for it, too. LINK
(via Rama's Screen)