Dwayne Johnson making BIG push to be in Abrams' Star Wars VII



Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has already made the difficult transition from professional wrestler to bankable action star. Now, he wants to be a bankable sci-fi star. 
Apparently, Johnson was a huge fan of Star Wars and G.I. Joe growing up, and those childhood affections continue to inform his acting choices. He’ll make his big-screen G.I. Joe debut in the upcoming Retaliation, and tells an Australiannews outlet that he now has his sights set on Star Wars.

J.J. Abrams, I’d be expecting a call soon about that whole Star Wars VII thing:
"I played with two lines of action figures when I was a kid: G.I. Joe and Star Wars. By the way, because we didn't have a lot of money, I used to steal them. I'd just rip open the packages and shove 'em in my pockets ... like a lot of kids. I got caught a couple of times, got my ass kicked by my parents.
So when I got the call saying, 'How do you feel about becoming the leader of the G.I. Joes?', it was like if I got a call from George Lucas saying, 'I want you to be in Star Wars' ... I'm gonna call J.J. and you're gonna help by printing it and I'm gonna be in Star Wars!"
It’s an interesting prospect, and Johnson isn’t a bad actor by any means. But it’s still hard to imagine him in the Star Wars universe. Do you think he’d be a good fit? If so, who should he play? A kickass version of Boba Fett, perhaps?
(Via News.com.au)