Wal-Mart DRM reminder: The nightmare returns

This afternoon, an e-mail popped into my inbox that--at first glance--looked ripe for immediate deletion. The word "Wal-Mart" in the subject was what set me off. But in that split second before my finger went down to send the message into oblivion, something else caught my eye. And, well, I'll let the e-mail do the talking:

Coming upon this note today--in January 2011--made me chuckle, sigh, and shake my head all in the span of about 30 seconds. Really, it's quite depressing to be reminded that there are still people out there who are stuck dealing with outdated copy-protected WMAs. In fact, I bet I still have a couple on my hard drive someplace, and the mere thought of them aggravates me.
Of course, I suppose it's nice that Wal-Mart has the courtesy to remind its customers how they can still listen to that music (and continues to provide support). Still, the e-mail serves as a brutal slap in the face as to how far off the music industry was just a few short years ago.


Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-20029981-49.html#ixzz1CakAFfu5