Camera on self-timer captures bag theft

For when Meyers had a little time to think, he realized that he may have caught the theft on camera. And indeed, he had.
"When I saw the guy with his hand in my bag, I ran back inside and found the Capitol Police," he told Gizmodo.
Yes, the alleged miscreant's denim shorts, white socks, and rather dirty actions were all there for the police and, indeed, the world to see.
It took those fine Wisconsin police officers mere minutes to locate the attempted killjoy.
Some items--a camera flash, kids toys, a mini tripod--were tossed into a garbage can. "But still in my bag were my wallet with cash, credit cards, hotel keys, rental car keys, and my iPad," Meyers told Gizmodo.
Yes, the self-timer saved his iPad.
Next time you happen to feel emboldened to steal a happy family's belongings while they try to snap a shot for posterity, make sure to work out your angles very carefully. LINK