Digital ink pen revolutionizes the art of creating art - Inkling

Digital ink pen revolutionizes the art of creating art
One of the best things about writing about technology is that every now and then you run across something that is such a leap ahead it seems like you're witnessing magic (for example, the first iPhone). This was my reaction when I got my first look at the new Wacom Inkling digital sketch pen. Back when I was in art school, the one of the most coveted (and expensive) tools an artist could have was a set of Rapidograph pens, renowned for their ability to deliver amazing detail and produce a line unmatched by any other drawing pen. I have the feeling that the Inkling will quickly attain similar status. What the Inkling does is finally connect the world of free hand sketching and digital art in a way that a tablet never could by preserving the flourishes and organic quirks that only happen when an artist renders on paper.